Sunday, April 17, 2016

Editorial Report 12A

This blog post will provide an edit of a section of my final project.
How did the content change when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?

I was able to add video and more sounds to this edited version. I think movement and the visuals makes the impact come to life and give it purpose.


How did the form change when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?

I tried to use a little bit different language and include other animals that are effected at SeaWorld not just orcas

1 comment:

  1. Hey Erin!
    I watched the re-edited version of this part of your project and it looks great! This is a really interesting topic to me and I think you were really informational in the info you were giving in this section of the video. You effectively used a lot of the genre conventions with video, visuals, and audio that portrayed the public argument clearly and set up an opportunity for you to justify your opinion in the next part.
    Showing instances of the accidents and mistreatments of the animals at SeaWorld is effective in communicating the message to the audience and is taking advantage of the genre conventions. One thing that I would suggest in editing form of your project is adding an interview or other testimony from an educated individual on the topic. This would change up the type of sources you are using and also create diversity in the type of images being seen onscreen by the audience. Again, this part of your project looks really good so far and I wish you luck with the rest of your project!

    ReplyDelete