Saturday, March 5, 2016

Reflection on Production Thus Far

This blog will reflect on this weeks progress for project two.

What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.

This week I completed my interviews with both my graduate student and a U of A faculty member. I learned a lot about the types of work each does and some things I will have to look forward to in the future.

What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.

This week was just really confusing. With Professor Bottai being out sick last week and trying to get back on track everything got discombobulated. Also, at the beginning of the week we had 25 blog posts listed on D2L that was a huge source of stress seeing as I had 3 tests for other classes this week. That was another source of time consumption. I had to study for all my tests so I was not able to spend as much time as I would any other week on project 2 pre-production.

How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?

I am hoping next week goes well and I am able to create a rough draft that in the end will not need to be edited as much as the first projects rough draft. I do not know how well this will go seeing as though this week I have a Spanish oral presentation and Chem lab proposal due. I will definitely be able to spend more time on my project this week than last week.

How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?

I am honestly kind of confused about the project. The project is to investigate the different genres in our field. I don't understand how we are supposed to elaborate on the genres as much as we are asked to. Presenting the genres and quotes from my interviewees will be easier but as far as digging into the project, I have no idea what is expected of us. It was very cool to interview Kylie and Dr. Doane and learn about the work they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment