Sunday, January 31, 2016

Considering Genre

When thinking about piking a genre for Project one, it is important to remember the other 3 projects we have been assigned. This blog will explore the genre I have chosen for project one: a quick reference guide. 

Q: What genre are you going to commit to for Project 1? Why?
A: I am going to use a Quick Reference Guide for my project one. I feel as though a quick reference guide will serve as a very good opener to the entire semester long process of these projects. I also think using the quick reference guide for the first project will allow me to use the other genres to bring my future projects to their full potential. 

Q:What genre conventions from your chosen genre are you planning on developing during next week's Production phase? What do you plan to do with the genre conventions that will help you accomplish the purpose of the project most effectively?
A: I am planning on developing a basic outline for my project one quick reference guide. This will help me be able to quickly piece together a rough draft with enough time to revise a final. In the outline I am planning on creating my subheadings with points I need to address in those. Also come up with a title and gathering quotes from the sources I found this week. 

Q: How are you feeling about Project 1 going in to the Production phase? What challenges do you anticipate next week as you create content for the project?
A: I feel overwhelmed with knowing the deadline is coming up so quickly. I was not looking forward to these projects at all considering English is not my favorite subject. However, I very much liked looking more in depth into my major and getting to reflect on the magazine articles. With that being said I feel like I will like these assignments but the time constraint is going to be the most difficult thing to adapt to. Factoring in all my other classwork and trying to study while learning how to operate new equipment and construct things I have no experience with will definitely be very challenging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment